A tested & trusted recipe from my grandma.
What you need
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon soft butter
2 cans pitted tart cherries
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 big dash of cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
How to do it
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
3. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
4. Combine cherry juice, food coloring, almond extract and lemon juice.
5. Add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
6. Add cherries and mix well again.
7. Add butter and let stand for 15 minutes.
8. Pour cherry mixture into pie crust and finish top with lattice work pie crust.
9. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes
10. Let cool down a bit while admiring your good work
11. Put lot‘s of whipped cream on top
12. Share with your lover
Friday, 29 February 2008